Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Final Day- (Cyndi Taylor)



Hey, it Cyndy!  What a once in a life-time opportunity our group has had the privilege to experience.  I had the honor to be a chaperon with no responsibilities.  I could hang with the group all day, help them work if needed; yet, I got to share in all the students’ excitement and pure amazement.  On top of that, I even got a tent of my own. 
Honestly, being involved with this project has been one of the most challenging, yet rewarding, in my life.  I would not have trade the life lessons that I have learned, witnessed and experienced for anything. 
The students, your children, have been amazing.  They have lived out of their box for all 14 days and are still looking for new challenges, laughing and being the crazy kids they were when they left.
Sure, we have missed our beds, showers, facebook, cell phones, fast food,  girl or boy friends and probably even our parents.  We will all be glad to be home.  But we are all very grateful and thankful to have been part of this awesome experience.
            Thanks to Luther and Erin for making it happen and including me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment