Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 12 (Michelle Bundy)





Hey y’all it’s Michelle! I miss everyone back in Memphis but we are having so much fun here!! I am so sad that our trip is almost over. This morning I woke up on a bed made of cow hides and sticks and I have to say I slept better last night than I have in our tents! The Maasai momma I stayed with last night was Leah and she had three precious little girls. As we were making tea this morning, Leah’s youngest daughter called Taylor and me “dada” meaning sister. Later in the afternoon, the Maasai women had set up a market full of their beaded jewelry for us to buy. Everybody is coming home with tons of beautiful jewelry and I think most of the boys have machetes too! After our time in the market, the Maasai held a closing ceremony for us where we were given more jewelry. Luther received a shuka and Erin and Cyndy were given traditional Maasai “khangas” which is the clothing Maasai people wear. Also today we finally gave the Maasai our gifts from home. I know everyone was so excited to give back to the amazing community that has given us so much!! 

Michelle




0 comments:

Post a Comment